Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

Nail Pattern Boldness Flipping Out Hard


Ok, I am alive... I have been painting my nails, but have been avoiding all things social including the blog (and my bestie, and my brother, and my mother, and my co-workers, and even my boyfriend... that I live with). I apologize, but mostly to myself because it was really weird and unlike me and not fun. My grandmemere died on Saturday... I went out east to visit her while she was sick and it was a terrible trip where I got a cold and had to watch my grandmother slowly forget who I was... I have been distancing myself from everything because it makes it easier to cope. Writing about it seems to help a bit, but I'm over that now. I needed a pick me up and decided this was the best color for it, also I needed to post again.


Yeah, I havent touched my cuticles for a while by the way...

I bought this color SOOOOO long ago, I needed it from the moment I saw it... It was one of the first indie polishes I ever bought. It kind of looks like Ninja Polish Floam... and I thought it looked like actual Floam when I bought it... This is the first time I have ever used it, and my verdict? I think I need some Glitter Food or Gelous or something... SV wasnt too bad but DAMN is this stuff bumpy.


This is two coats of Flipping Out Hard over the closest color I had: Revlon Bonsai... which isn't even close, not even a little. But it worked so I cant complain (well, I shouldnt complain but always do). I might use some thinner in it the next time I use it... its really gloopy but looks AMAZING!!! I love this stuff. It looks exactly like I thought it would.

That being said I have to take this off right now because I just bought plane tickets for the funeral... I NEED HELP: What polish should I wear to the funeral? I cant go bear, cus my nails are yellow and gross... and I DEFINITELY cant go with this. My options are: Two coats of Essie Adore-a-ball by itself or with a coat of Zoya Chloe over the top; Julep Carrie which I just got in my mystery box; Ciate Cream Soda with some sort of micro holo glitter on top; I really want to do Butter London Gobsmacked because it is one of my VERY FAVORITE polishes... but might look a bit flashy; or some sort of nude... which I dont have many of? What do you guys think?

})i({ -Amy

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmemere's passing. :( I figured something had happened since I hadn't seen you post since your last post when you mentioned her. I think something nude would work. I know you like your sparkles so maybe something along the lines of Butter London All Hail The Queen. I'm sure you'll find something to wear that will be just right. Big hugs to you and I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sorry about what happend, but it's good that you feel better now, the same thing happend to me a few years ago, I diden't even go to the last visit, just freaking out... :/ But this polish looks pretty, a perfect "happy mode" polish :) For the funeral I would recomend a darker polish, a really dark red, purpel, blue or grey, maybe with some discrete glitter? so for me Butter London Gobsmacked looks perfect out of the pictures I've seen of it, wish you all luck in life! :)

    ReplyDelete