Search This Blog

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Julep Carrie, Hex Nail Jewelry

I got this polish in my Valentines Julep Mystery Box along with a bunch of other pinks and reds. I like this one because it is super girly, which I dont typically do.
With the exception of this manicure:



LOVE IT!!! Im more of a black polish and studs kind of gal, but I really wanted to show off my new Hex Charm (the unicorn). I saw these on Chalkboard Nails blog on Tuesday and immediately went to Hex's Etsy page to buy as many as I could think to use for manicures... 10 to be precise.



Look at how adorable that little unicorn is!!! I love this manicure... I've been into nail art a bit more than usual.
So Julep Carrie is the pink, it went on super smooth, but I did add a bit of thinner as I usually do to Julep polishes. It is two coats for the most part. The white is OF COURSE American Apparel T-Shirt. I used a dotting tool to make the shape of the bow on the thumb then used my Sally Hansen pen in black to outline it and give it shape. The index was done with all LA Colors stripers, I painted the middle with Carrie then used striping tape to box the white background of the frame. Then used a dotting tool and a black striper to make the "frame". I painted the ring finger white then used striping tape to block out the lines then painted Carrie over it and used a black striper to do the bow. I am ashamed of the pinkie... it didnt come out as well as it should have, I got the shakes a bit. But used a dotting tool for that.

The right hand is no where near as fabulous... but it'll do:


Please excuse the lack of clean up, the stubby middle finger and the misshapen index... also the torn up cuticles, DONT JUDGE ME :'(
Well its better than nothing!

Go buy some Hex Charms... DO IT!

})i({ -Amy

2 comments:

  1. These are so girly and fun! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! I had so much fun doing them, they are definitely my favorite mani to date!

      Delete