Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Twelve Nails of Christmas: Day 3

So this is my first experience with caviar beads... not so easy. I really wanted to do a pattern with them, because it was something I hadnt seen before. There's a reason not many people have done this... its a right pain in the ass.


It didnt come out so bad. The point was a bit crooked but I cant really complain. I started by painting a little red triangle at the top of my nail, cover it in caviar beads and using an orange stick to push it all into place and lined it up. Then the next section, same with the stick, and so on. It was a bit weird.



I used Orly Lucky Duck for the green and Essie Forever Yummy for the red... OMG this is a beautiful true red that is easily a well applied one coater.

The whole half hour it took me to apply the caviar beads (which I think was pretty quick considering the work) my little pup was sleeping on the bed, watching me paint! Isnt he precious?


I wish I hadnt applied so much top coat, this is before top coat and look how beautiful the beads are... the top coat didnt even make them last all that long, le sigh.


What do your Christmas nails look like? If I get any emails with pictures I want to post them on a "day after Christmas" post.

})i({ -Amy

2 comments:

  1. I had been thinking of doing something like that with beads and let me tell you that I ended up wanting to chop off my fingers because it was so hard to control--especially because I got all ambitious and tried to do a swirly pattern. Bad idea. I think yours looks so good! I may have to give it another shot in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! It was infuriatingly hard!!! and for all that work I found I liked picking them off more than putting them on, (its like a mini explosion of caviar beads with every pick) didnt even last a whole day! (and I could only do the one nail! HA)

      Delete