Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

No H8 for November 8

So its super hard to capture purple on my camera apparently, but here we go!
So today is November 8th and the polish blogging community has taken today and the color purple to represent the crusade against bullying and hate. Bullying is never "ok" and I wanted to show my support.
I just picked up a bunch of Kleancolors (as per my last post). I wanted to see what the hype was over Chunky Holo Purple. It's truly lovely, but my camera hates purple (as many polish bloggers probably know.) BTW this is over the top of Urban Outfitters Bandeau (what a terrible formula, all thick and chunky!)

This is what the color really looked like... my boyfriend was yelling up the stairs "Are you still taking pictures of your nails?" Yes boyfriend, I am. Purple isnt easy to photograph...


...as you can totally tell here. I was having such a difficult time with the other color I thought my new Mari Moon Hits in Dreamer would do the job... Beautiful colors, VERY duo-chrome... but impossible to photograph.
Anyways, the bottom line here is  DONT HATE. Anything we can do to address the issue, more awareness is a step towards solving the problem.

"Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well."
       Mahatma Gandhi



})i({ -Amy

Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay.
Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.

As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even to our polish application techniques. To marginalize anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.

Eradicate the Hate



No comments:

Post a Comment